Monday, January 22, 2007

Macaroni & Cheese Italiani

Again, I apologize for the lack of recipes lately, but my computer crashed and I had to take it into the shop. Back on track now, so without further delay...

4 tablesp. Wesson, pure vegetable oil, or olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 6-oz. cans Hunt's Tomato Paste
2 cups water
1 1/2 teasp. salt
1/2 teasp. sugar
1/4 teasp. basil or oregano
1/8 teasp. pepper
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 lb. large macaroni, cooked and drained
1 lb. (2 cups) ricotta or cottage cheese

Cook onion, garlic, and celery in Wesson until soft. Blend in Hunt's Tomato Paste, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 5 minutes. In a 9-inch square pan, put a thin layer of sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with half of the macaroni. Spread ricotta cheese on macaroni and cover with half the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover with remaining macaroni and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake in moderate oven (350ºF.) 35 to 40 minutes or until top is brown and sauce bubbles. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Let's "Cook Italian" With Hunt's Tomato Sauce

3 Comments:

Blogger La Vida Dulce said...

Glad you're back. Mamma mia! That's some good pasta.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

La Vida Dulce-
Thank you! Well, I was back until what I had fixed on my computer, I found out WASN'T fixed when I got HOME! The comp. has been in the shop all this time, so NOW I am officially back. I promise. lol

I got SUCH a kick out of this little cook booklet because it was soooooo over-the-top, stereotypically Italian that I had to get it! :)

(Plus, the recipes look DELICIOUS)

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Healthy Recipes said...

There is nothing to argue about. Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home